Sat, Sep 17|
Salt Lake City
1st ANNUAL DREAM ON GALA
Please join us on Saturday Sept 17, at 7pm to celebrate children's education. Live music food. Performance. Live auction
Time & Location
Sep 17, 2022, 7:00 PM – Sep 18, 2022, 11:50 PM
Salt Lake City, 850 E S Temple St, Salt Lake City, UT 84102, USA
About the Event
Please join us on Saturday, Sept 17, at 7 pm to celebrate children's education by helping us raise funds to meet our Goals for children and youth living in Utah from low-income, refugee communities as well as those in developing communities in Ghana and Kenya.
CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAMS FOR DREAMERS WISH FOUNDATION
Dreamers Wish Foundation is a global comprehensive education-centered movement that focuses on childhood and youth education for low-income, refugee, and developing communities in Utah and abroad.
We are currently working on collaborations to serve 4 counties: Utah, Salt Lake, Weber, and Davis. Also, we have established ourselves in Africa: Dadome DA Basic Primary School k-12, volta region Ghana (600 students) and Mijomboni Primary School, Kenya (1031 students)
We focus on providing after-school enrichment programs for children and youth Monday-Saturday through partnerships with other local non-profit organizations with space and capacity to support our program. Enrichment programs are scheduled extracurricular classes where students can receive advanced academic instruction, get extra help with homework assignments, or discover new hobbies, interests, and activities outside the classroom setting.
Our volunteers are equipped to help school-aged children in underprivileged and underserved areas.
GOALS FOR UTAH SCHOOL CHILDREN & YOUTH
1. Provide a safe haven for kids from underserved communities, through participation in high-quality engaging after-school enrichment programs that focus on STEAM. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Culture, Mathematics) and ESL (English as a Second Language)
2. Provide adult and peer-to-peer mentorship opportunities for local volunteers/changemakers to mentor youth towards college and career readiness.
3. Provide life skills training to children and youth to help them grow academically, socially, and emotionally.
4. Provide teaching/internship opportunities to student teachers and professionals to inspire more servant leaders in the communities.
5. Provide school essentials and exposure to technology in education to children and youth from low-income, refugee, and underserved communities.
GOALS FOR SCHOOL CHILDREN & YOUTH FROM DEVELOPING COMMUNITIES ABROAD (GHANA -KENYA)
1. Installing playground equipment to provide children the opportunity to practice and hone key skills including social, emotional, cognitive, and physical.
2. Install computer labs to contribute to closing the educational gap between rural and urban areas. Currently developing a project to serve 2 rural community schools between rural Ghana and Kenya. Each school will obtain computer libraries with satellite internet connectivity. Teachers will be given computer training as well to help them teach successfully.
3. Furnish a library with books and educational interactive devices.
4. Provide teaching kits for teachers for effective teaching and learning
5. Provide hygiene kits and Sanitary towels to teenage girls to promote health education.
WHAT WE NEED
* 500 library 📚 books
* 1 playground,
*400 🎒 backpacks,
* 20 laptop computers
*Volunteer teachers and construction workers
4 hours 50 minutes
DREAM ON GALA SCHEDULEVendor/Sponsor booth
4 hours 50 minutes
Doors open at 7pmFood by Namesh/Mama Africa